Monday 20 June 2011

Busy Weekend

There is nothing as good as being busy! Being the only priest at St Joseph's Church for the past weekend and next there is no shortage of activity and great people to meet. On Saturday besides the Masses, I baptised a baby and celebrated a wedding. Then, I attended the Paris 'Goal Ball'. As many will know this is a great helping charity established by John O'Shea to help the poorest of the poor. The ball was held at the Irish College, Paris. What a great place to have a good meal, music, etc. The Guest of Honour was Gabriel Byrne, the Irish Actor. Like Cinderella, I had to leave before midnight as I had early Mass on Sunday morning. But I really enjoyed it and there were great people at the table at which I was placed.
Activity continues here with news of the death of Sister Camille of the Marymount School Community, Paris.
She was aged 99 years and her funeral is on Wednesday this week. I am honoured to have been invited to celebrate her funeral Mass and burial. May she rest in peace.
A bit tired today because I could not go to bed until Rory had won the US Open. Well done!  A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment