Lovely sunny day. Got for a swim today in the local public pool. It is a great way to get refreshed.
This evening had a meeting with Parents of First Communion students of Marymount School.
Such meetings are great, just listening to the questions and comments of the parents.
The bike ride to and from school is also good. Next week I will make a retreat with a group of priests at l'Arche, Trosly, under the guidance of Jean Vanier. Every second year priests from all over Ireland come to France for this retreat.
I'll have plenty to think and pray about:.
- The plight of people, especially children, in Aleppo, Syria
- End to conflicts and wars that no longer make headlines
- Safety of all people from acts of terrorism
- Dialogue, action and prayer to continue the Assisi gathering of Pope Francis and Religious leaders
- Pray for priests struggling with following church teachings and pray for enlightenment
- Pray for everyone and especially for the wonderful parishioners of St Joseph's, Paris.
- Pray for a deep conversion in my own life.
- Please pray for me as I enter into this week of grace.
Will be back soon again, A.T.