Wednesday 15 July 2015

Parades

I really enjoyed yesterday France's Fete Nationale or Bastille Day - 14th July. I wandered around the streets of Paris. There were huge numbers of people, a fly past by planes and helicopters, bands, army, navy and cavalry. There was a big visible police presence as France remains on high alert following the killings in January this year.

It made me sad to see the 12th July scenes on TV of Ardoyne, Belfast where I spent 7 very happy years. The last time I commented on possible ways forward to peace and reconciliation in this area, my suggestions were resented. That said, I still believe that there are enough good people in North Belfast who are better than the scences that have gone around the world.

My prayers are with Phoebe Clawson who was seriously injured by a car driven towards her and others. I hope she makes a full recovery. The family and relatives are in my prayers.

The weather in Paris is glorious these days - over 30 degrees. I love the sunshine and the bit of heat!
A T

No comments:

Post a Comment