Wednesday 11 September 2013

Back Again

Yesterday I said I would keep my blog going  better this time. Just thinking on this grey morning in Paris how different my life is since coming here from Belfast. It is more being like a 'worker priest' that the French church developed many years ago. Getting your hands dirty as well as keeping them clean for Liturgy is part of the life here.I'm just back from doing the lodgement of the Sunday collection - faithfully counted by a young parishioner who is an accountant with small children. Down the street I set with my trolley(like an old-age pensioner, which I am!) and hand over the bags of coin and deposit the cheques and notes. People are generous and that includes the many people in the congregation who struggle to make ends meet. Later today I will drive out of Paris to a wholesale place to do the shopping. With my flat  back trolley I will move along the aisles to fill it up with supplies for the church and the Passionist community. In between times, I take a look over the church toilets to see all is in order. A bit of sweeping of leaves, papers, cigarette butts (what smokers from the offices around us!)  Opening and locking the church and replacing bulbs takes another little bit of the day. But it is good as it keeps me grounded. Off now to collect the post arriving and to shop....! AT

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back blogging!

    This post reminds me of the Zen phrase "Chop wood, carry water". :)

    ReplyDelete