Wednesday 18 September 2013

Grey, Wet Day in Paris

An email from Dublin today told of a 'mini heatwave'. Enjoy it. It has been wet and grey in Paris all day. Very Irish to begin with the weather. Even a few days away leave a bit of catching up to be done. Spent a while composing the Parish Bulletin - you can read it weekly on www.stjoeparis.org
It is a bit time consuming but I love the varied and frequent comments I get from various parts of the world. Of course, there are so many websites and so much information that I'm greatly encouraged with any reaction to the Bulletin. Champions league going strong again and Sam Maguire getting polished for a return to Dublin on Sunday afternoon - just wish I could be there but TV is great to have at such times. In mid-1980's I remember getting up at the crack of dawn to go to a Hall in San Francisco to see the All Ireland on a big screen. Maybe it will end a draw and I might be able to get to the replay - grasping at straws! I know I am from Co Wicklow - but come on, do you expect me to wait for the Garden of Ireland to grace Croke Park on All Ireland day in my life time? I will see that game from the afterlife methinks!                       AT

No comments:

Post a Comment