Tuesday 17 September 2013

Paris Again

Had a lovely visit to Belfast and Crossgar, Co Down. Getting there on Saturday evening was a bit of a saga but I'll spare you the details. Instead of being on the ground at 9.15 p.m. at Belfast City Airport on Saturday evening, I landed on Sunday morning at Belfast International Airport at 12.30 a.m. In fairness, I did got compensation for the over three hour delay of the flight from Heathrow - a £10 food voucher from British Airways.
The Mass on Sunday in Holy Cross Church, Belfast, when a Passionist Student professed final vows was a lovely occasion. This was the first student of the Passionists in Ireland or Scotland in over 20 years to join as a new member. It was lovely being back in Holy Cross where I spent seven such happy years among great people. I went to see the camp of protesters at the Twadell corner of the roundabout. I just wish some way could be found to help end this protest for the sake of those who are spending cold and wet days there. I know it is their choice but surely we are capable of doing something to bring an end to this. If we can't, what chance for Syria returning to peace where the urgency and the tragedy is so much greater?
Back in Paris and catching up on bits and pieces.                   AT

No comments:

Post a Comment